Sunday 24 May 2020

Today is full of possibilities - Art Journalling Page


Hey friends

My goal for 2020 was to step out of my comfort zone and 
try something new. I love all the art journal pages 
everyone creates but I haven't really done much. Those 
that know me well, know why. Art journalling is messy and 
I actually don't like getting my hands dirty.....well 
not so much dirty but painty!!! Oh my.... I'm not an anxious 
person but seeing photos of people with paint covered hands are 
more that I can handle, I really struggle. That is probably the 
main reason I haven't don't much in the way of art journalling. 
So......here we go. 

Oh and I did this page somehow with minimal mess to my 
hands and no I didn't wear gloves!!! HOORAY!!


First thing I did to my page was to lay some tissue paper down 
in a few areas using Monte Marte Gel Medium. I then stencilled 
using light moulding paste and the Hud Stencil.

I used a wet wipe and Lindys Magicals to apply some brown 
colour around the edges of my page and a little bit was 
wiped lightly over some of the page.

I stencilled using the Half Tone Stencil and some Colour Blast paste. The paste gave a nice shimmer to the stencilled circles.

I have die cut out three butterflies using old book paper 
and the Dainty Butterfly Large die. Then I have stamped 
Colour Wheel Love Stamp images and die cut using the
Texture 1 die. This die I cut up into smaller pieces 
and placed near my stamped images. Some washi tape was added then finally three small talk stickers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.

I drew around the border of my page using a stabilo pencil and around the edges of the stickers with a black uni-ball pen.

So there you go.....the first page in my Art by Marlene journal.

See you again in a few weeks. Stay safe and happy crafting.
Tanya xx


2 comments: