Tuesday 24 August 2021

Vintage Rose Cards

 
Well hello again.

 I'm just sharing a couple of cards I have created
for Paper Rose Studio using lots of their gorgeous goodies.

Firstly I made a shaker card. Those of you that know me, know 
that I'm a bit of a fan of shaker cards, I find them fun to make. 


For the shaker card below I die cut out the background using 
Some people use foam tape for their shaker cards but I prefer to 
just cut lots of layers and glue them together. I cut out the 
slimline card creator circles five times from white cardstock 
Between the top of the white cardstock and the bottom of the 
silver cardstock I tape acetate to cover over the circle holes so 
that when I add my 19499 Clear Crystal Mix it doesn't fall out. 
I always tape the acetate as it sticks better than glue and I'm 
less likely to have smudge makes on the acetate when using tape.



The next step for this shaker card is adding the shaker mix 
and then covering the back of the circles with a piece of 
I chose a pink toned piece of paper that matched well with my 
ribbon that I tied around the die cut card creator. 

Finally I fussy cut out a couple of flowers from this paper 
collection and finished off with a couple of die cut pieces 
from 20976 Spring Bloom.  The little sentiment was from 

The last thing to finish off this card is to attach this all to the card base. I used 21624 Slimline AU White Card Bases. They are the perfect fit when using Paper Rose Studio card creator dies.


After I made my shaker card I had lots of left over circles 
that I wanted to do something with. Don't ever waste all 
these little left over pieces of goodness. I actually have 
a little felt zip up box on my desk that I put all my left over 
die cut bits and pieces; I often use these pieces on cards and scrapbook layouts. 
I decided to make another card using some of the extra stuff 
from what I had been using to make the shaker card.

For the card pictured below I cut a piece of Silver Cardstock 
to measure 9.5cm x 15cm. This piece was then embossed using the 
The pink piece of paper from the Vintage Rose collection 
measures 15cm x 8cm and is torn along the bottom. I have 
sanded all the other edges of this paper which gives a nice 
white edge to help it pop when sitting on the silver cardstock.

Now to add three of those left over circles. I hand stitched them 
once they were attached to the paper before it was all attached 
to the card base. I fussy cut out some more flowers and 
die cut leaves and flowers the same as the previous card. 
The sentiment is from the Vintage Rose paper collection. It 
has been die cut using 16575 Stitched Rectangles die. I used 
this die because the stitched edges look nice with the hand 
stitching and the embossed stitching on the silver cardstock.




So there you have it... two lovely cards very different 
but similar at the same time.
Cheers - Tanya x






5 comments:

  1. beautiful creativity and those papers are stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. The paper collection is just gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment. The paper collection is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment. The paper collection is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment. The paper collection is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete